Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Politics - Martyrs and Dynasty

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-news/open-letter-to-narendra-modi-from-captain-vikram-batra-s-mother-515810


I know its politically incorrect and I may be inviting really caustic remarks, but nevertheless. The letter is wrong in more than one way. 

"Mr Modi, if you really care for the army and respect  martyrs, a soldier's family for you should be like God. If I were in your place, I would have withdrawn the BJP candidate who is running against me.

If  you respect Captain Batra's family, you should think of me like his mother. If you used "yeh dil maange more" to praise my son...please realise...it is not enough to praise him...you should think of what can be done to honour a martyr's family.

Why was no one from a soldier's family given a chance by the BJP earlier to run as a candidate?"

Really AAP, really ? Is being a martyr's family member sufficient qualification for a MP ? As a mark of respect should one withdraw contesting against a martyr's family member ? How is it different than dynastic politics ? Indira, Rajiv both were martyrs.

AAP too is same as Modi in trying to ...... the martyr. No you are not same, they are professional politicians, but expected much better from you AAP. Mrs Batra deserves all respect from all Indians, she may get emotional still not an iota of respect less for her, we respect her and her son's sacrifice on the altar of the country. But AAP how can you stoop to the level of main stream parties when you were the only ray of hope, I really doubt  how I ever supported you AK. 


No comments:

Post a Comment